Storm floods Madison Apartment Complex
This Madison apartment complex became flooded with water after some severe weather came through the area. Water affected several rooms of this building. SERVPRO of Madison North & East was called in to do the water mitigation.
SERVPRO of Madison North & East can respond immediately to your commercial water damage emergency regardless of the size or scope of the damage. We are part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale events and disasters.
At SERVPRO of Madison North & East, we understand that your property’s appearance is important and that every hour spent restoring is an hour of lost productivity. When you need a restoration or cleaning professional, SERVPRO of Madison North & East has the training and expertise to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Have Questions? Call Today – (608) 221-1818
Fire Damage in Cross Plains Business
This Cross Plains business experienced a small fire in their back room storage room causing smoke damage and soot that needed to be professionally cleaned and restored. They called SERVPRO of Madison North & East to handle the fire damage repair and restoration.
SERVPRO of Madison North & East has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial fire damage emergencies. Whether your fire emergency occurs in a restaurant, motel, or office building, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion. Learn more about SERVPRO of Madison North & East training and certifications.
- Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
Commercial Fire Damage? Call Us Today – (608) 221-1818
How to Prepare for Hail Storms
SERVPRO of Madison North & East strives to put our customers at ease, guiding them and supporting them through the STORM emergency process while providing education and knowledge on how to best navigate the situation.
Hail storms can strike without much warning, leaving you with little time to react. Being prepared in advance and knowing what to do can help you stay safe and keep damage to a minimum. Consider signing up for local weather alerts, which deliver warnings when hail storms are approaching your area.
How to Minimize Hail Damage
- Large hail can shatter windows. Closing the drapes, blinds or window shades can help prevent the wind from blowing broken glass into your home or buildings.
- Whenever possible, park your vehicles inside a garage or under a carport.
- Patio and lawn furniture can be dented, broken or even shattered by hail. Move these items indoors or under a covered area when not in use.
If you have questions, call SERVPRO of Madison North & East (608) 221-1818
Mold in Madison Apartment Building
This Madison apartment building's owner noticed mold growth in one of the utility closets of the building. There was a pipe that had a slow leak and went unnoticed, causing the perfect situation for mold to grow. They called SERVPRO of Madison North & East to handle the mold remediation.
Besides causing a major business interruption, a mold problem can present a serious health risk for people exposed at your commercial property. Mold infestations can be caused by minor water intrusions, like a slow roof leak or loose plumbing fitting. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. If you suspect your property has a mold problem, call SERVPRO of Madison North & East, who will respond quickly and work fast to manage the situation.
Have a Mold Problem? Call Us Today – (608) 221-1818
Drop Ceiling in Basement Home Covered in Mold
This Madison home suffered mold damage in their basements drop ceiling due to a slow water leak creating the perfect environment to grow. They called SERVPRO of Madison North & East to handle the mold remediation process.
SERVPRO of Madison North & East are dedicated to responding immediately when you contact them. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost. We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business and have the training and expertise to safely handle any mold situation by using advanced equipment to detect the source of water feeding the mold. Next, we isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process. All fans and heating and cooling systems will be turned off to prevent the spread of mold.
Have Mold Related Questions?
Call Us Today (608) 221-1818
Mold Discovered In Marshall Home
This Marshall Wisconsin homeowner called SERVPRO of Madison North & East when they noticed mold on the drywall of their basement bathroom. On further inspection, our SERVPRO professionals that the mold was in the wall of the bathroom, and the stairwell that is adjacent to the bathroom. After they addressed where the water or moisture was coming from and fix it, they were able to begin the mold remediation.
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (608) 221-1818
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (608) 221-1818
What is Black Mold?
Stachybotrys chartarum is the type of mold often called “black mold” or “toxic mold”. Sensational news reports warn about the dangers of black mold and these stories can be alarming and confusing. Any mold in your home should be treated with caution – stay out of affected areas and don’t touch or disturb the mold.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can produce allergens and irritants, you should contact SERVPRO of Madison regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold can exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect that you have a mold problem, contact a SERVPRO of Madison immediately.
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce toxins harmful to humans and pets.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
SERVPRO Storm Preparation Tips
When a storm hits your home, you need a company with storm damage experience and expertise. SERVPRO of Madison has the capabilities and professional personnel to quickly respond to your storm damage concerns.
As we continue to see storms throughout the area, we at SERVPRO of Madison want you to be aware of what the different threat levels mean so that you can be prepared for whatever happens.
Flash Flood Watch
A Flash Flood Watch is issued when conditions are favorable for flash flooding. It does not mean that flash flooding will occur, but it is possible.
Flash Flood Warning
A Flash Flood Warning is issued when flash flooding is imminent or occurring.
A Flood Watch is issued when conditions are favorable for flooding. It does not mean flooding will occur, but it is possible.
A Flood Warning is issued when flooding is imminent or occurring.
May 4th is International Firefighter Day!
SERVPRO of Madison would like to that all the past and present Firefighters for your service!
What to do After a Fire:
After any fire damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call SERVPRO of Madison (608) 221-1818
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Unknown Leak in Basement of Sun Prairie Home
This Sun Prairie Wisconsin home experienced a water damage in the basement with an unknown cause. In the picture the leak seems to be coming from the utility room. This home owner called SERVPRO of Madison North & East to do the mitigation.
When responding to a water damage emergency, we begin with a detailed inspection of your home or property, including a damage assessment. At this stage, our professionals are trying to determine the scope of the damage so that we can develop an appropriate plan of action.
We will check for the source of moisture in your home or business. The source must be stopped before any restoration or drying of the building can be successful.
Have an Unexplained Water or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today – (608) 221-1818